Mach 4 Email Hosting FAQ 2018 synd-m4 | Rates & Fees | Mail Client Setup
What can be done by each user:
What can be done via Mach 4
- send/receive mail using desktop/mobile clients
- access webmail, without installing email client
- change password (must know current one) NOTE: once changed, I can no longer tell you what it is from my records... can only reissue new one
- configure server-side SPAM filter settings, enable/disable AV
- review "caught" messages, move back to inbox
- manage whitelist & blacklist (per-user/per-domain)
- manage server-side address book
- purge all messages on server (POP3: Outlook PST remains)
- perform IMAP-related housekeeping (if they know how)
- manage server-side sending identity (webmail)
- customize look & feel of webmail UI, and create signature
- enable/disable optional features/modes
- setup Auto-Responder (aka out-of-office reply, robot acknowledgment)
(administrative tasks* covered by the plan)
What can be done via Bravotech
- customer service
- create/remove aliases, including many-to-many relationship
- provisioning of new mailboxes**
- suspend existing mailboxes
- decommission mailboxes (permanent)
- billing or other administrative inquiries
- request password reset (forgot current one)
- tech support
- verify account status/quota/level (plan)
- confirm server pool and datacenters network status
- test message to/from you, using 3 distinct geographic points-of-origin
- re-send welcome message (containing mailbox roster + instructions)
- routine* validation of purported "bounce notices"
- tech briefing
- request custom*** help documents on certain subjects
- briefing on: BIMI, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, DNS, domains, TLS 1.2, GDPR
- basic* guidance (help you decide: to hire or not...)
- neutral evaluation of all options out there, at each juncture
(billable IT services)
- migration: into M4, exiting M4, laterally within M4 (endless scenarios)
- setup/troubleshoot Outlook/Thunderbird/K9/Android/iPhone
- setup on-premises mail servers & eliminate hosting
- Microsoft Exchange Server (4/5/2k/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019)
Note: EXG2010 supported only for legacy SBS 2011, not fresh deployment
- Postfix + Dovecot/SpamAssassin/ClamAV/Sieve + Roundcube/MySQL/Nginx
- Coordinate DNS administration
- strategic planning, policy setting
- overall architecture & schemes
- demystify concepts, features and products
- authoritatively refute misconceptions & deceptions
- elaborate DLP + archiving (esp. re: regulatory compliance)
- email client selection, protocol choices, hybrid modes. etc.
- redundant MX records, secondary/tertiary hosting
- tips & tricks re: CNAMEs
- encryption: PGP & S/MIME, PKI in general, the likes of ProtonMail, Tutanota
- mobile integration, workflow
- fleet management
- custom schemes: delegation & supervising, staff pooling
- facilitate correspondence between you and your specific clients/vendors
- customization & automation (macro/script programming)
- in-house backup/restore and other maintenance
and resolve cases where you're on certain providers' subscribed
blacklists, notably: SBL, XBL, PBL, DBL, BCL, SWL, DWL, SORBS, DNSBL, RBL
- general inquiries pertaining content/safety/legitimacy of messages
* 1) some
included services might trigger "surrounding topics" which
are billable, unless user is able to furnish
such skills, and/or requisite apparatuses/infrastructure
** 2) Modern hosting
standard practice: mailboxes are NOT self-provisioned via domain-level "reseller panel." Instead, they're
ordered as needed... individually/by-blocks, plain Internet-style/Exchange Server, bundled with DLP, bundled with external
filter+AV+encryption (beyond TLS). e.g. Just say: "I'd like 7x standard @
50c/month + 3x EXG @ $6.5/month"
*** 3) some documents have multiple
editions, catered to novice/intermediate/expert levels. Upon initiate
request/assessment, the appropriate one will be sent, along with
applicable personalized annotation.
to notes above: I do not massively post generic help docs.
Rather, the whole point of M4's operation, is to provide clients painless experience, i.e. Given my goals of... how do I...?
Should I...? Where do I...? Why is it that...? You've got situations...
I've got actual solutions.
The idea is to eliminate the need to discuss. State your wish, and it's handled. Design from ground up to be conducive to active management.
Zero reactive scrambling. Zero avoidable investigation and endless
requests to dreaded external entities, because the entire process is under my control, and already scientifically streamlined.