<Mach 4 Network - Value-Added Internet Presence Provider & Consultancy EST 1996
You oft ask:
Scenarios (hint: it's well-beyond "just" web & email hosting)
- Why should I even talk to Mach 4?
- What can you do for me, that
I don't already know... or can get "for free"?
- What the heck is "web
presence consultancy" anyway?
- BUT, I already have... Isn't it just...? Why can't I...? I thought they already... I only... I was told specifically that... IF _ I can still... so-and-so would... right? Shouldn't you...? Aren't you just...? Because... I'm sure... I've always/never... Might as well... (What "the road to hell" is paved with)
in all cases, SMBs get taken for a ride, with ineffectual path that are
doomed from the start. Arm yourself with glossary + roadmap + game plan before embarking
on a pointless wild goose chase. OR smack your head against a brick
wall, when 2 steps to the side, 1 step forward will do.
- traditional web + email hosting... how many mailboxes?
- unmanaged WordPress hosting: fully administered by you
- managed WordPress hosting: incl. updates, security patches, plug-ins, themes
- Joomla! optional: with CiviCRM
- Magento (eCommerce)
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, Redis, CouchDB
- email hosting only, web hosted elsewhere (or none)
- standard mailbox: 2 GB, web portal, SPAM/AV dashboard, calendar
- extra mailbox: 12 GB
- MailBiz mailbox: 50 GB
- Exchange mailbox: 25 GB, DLP, etc.
- Exchange Premium: 50 GB, incl. Office 365, DLP, etc.
- web hosting only, email hosted elsewhere (or none)
- see #1.x above for options & levels
- evaluate providers (various approaches & methods)
linkage & coordination: e.g. M4-hosted dynamic site, with some
static content from owner-designed legacy site, embedding external
YouTube steaming, with 3rd-party hosted shopping cart site (and
inventory), with (yet another) external payment gateway (thru your
parent company's account).
- Migration Services / Strategic Guidance
- external → M4
- M4 → external
- ext1 → ext2
- mirroring/redundancy: http/MX
- Advanced DNS
- TLS topics (https & browser landscape)
- all things "certificate" & PKI
- perception vs reality
- practical purposes, intentions, objectives, priorities
- unintended consequences, overlooked scenarios
- Secure Email
- beyond transport TLS @all nodes (Bravo mandate since 2017)
- PKI, PGP, GPG, S/MIME... and the likes of ProtonMail
- SPAM & Spoofing...
- Demystifying SPF, DKIM, DMARC, shattering your "high hope" (of its magical power)
- Demystifying phishing
- non-ISP DNS
- misinfo re: OpenDNS, 18.104.22.168 and the likes
- coordination with on-site domain-based DNS Server
- media streaming
- CDN, DDOS defense
- "cloud" -misnomers
(HOW TO evaluate & obtain legal services, how to work with your
legal advisor(s)/dept. with tangible stipulation & deliverables...
AND HOW NOT TO SELF-INFLICT HARM)
- domain legal disputes:
- concepts, process, frameworks, recourses, strategies & tactics...
- entities, case laws, current climate, trajectory
- common transfer process & barriers/pitfalls
- compliance: PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR
- tech briefing for management on principles:
- control, custodianship, pathway & jurisdiction, liabilities, enforceability
- scope, depth, granularity, cascaded/flattened
- the perils of:
- freebie EULA
- press-a-button MSSPs that are RMM outsourcers
- unbridled outbound agents, invalid/pretend uPnP, or otherwise neutralized LAN/WAN barrier, or
- other ploys which tantamount to manifest self-contradiction